Abuse Petitions

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is designed to protect spouses, parents and children from abusers and helps them get out of these abusive relationships. A skilled immigration attorney such the ones at Dagher Law can help. For more than 15 years we have been aiding people in filing immigrant visa petitions under VAWA.

Abuse petitions can be filed by certain spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens and green card holders. Your abuser never has to know about the application. Those eligible include abused spouses of U.S. citizens or permanent residents and their unmarried, under age 21 children. Parents may file for their children and parents being abused by their children may apply as well. If you are an unmarried child, under age 21, you may file for yourself if no one else will.

There are various eligibility requirements that you must meet before you can file an application. At Dagher Law our immigration attorneys understand the delicate and dangerous position you are in and we are here to help. We can help you figure out what type of visa you are eligible for and file the paperwork for you. Rest assured that we are extremely discreet; your abuser will never know what we are doing.

We are with you every step of the way through the process, but only you will know we are there. We can handle all of the paperwork, ensure you have all the proof and documentation required and push to get your application processed as soon as possible.

There are a number of options available to you and we explore all of them before developing a plan of action. Our goal is to keep you and your children safe and we handle every part of the process with that in mind. We understand your fear, and our immigration attorneys do what they can to alleviate it. We explain everything step-by-step so you know what to expect, and we keep you updated and informed regularly.