Employment Based Visa

Citizenship and immigration attorneys in Dearborn can aid with EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 and NIW visas

When you are applying for a visa, you can’t afford for anything to go wrong. You need to complete the necessary applications, provide the appropriate documentation and hope you are granted a visa. If anything goes wrong or is done wrong during the process, you could be denied.

An experienced immigration attorney can help you with the application process and ensure that everything is done to the exact specifications of the law. Dagher Law has been aiding clients in the visa application process for more than 15 years. There are many types of visas. We help you determine which visa you are most likely to get and work with you to get it. Types of visas include:

EB-1 Category Green Card Visas

Employment-based, first-preference visas are founded on an extraordinary ability, for an outstanding professor or researcher, a multinational executive or a manager.

  • Extraordinary ability — Must be able to prove extraordinary ability in art, science, education, business or athletics through documented and sustained national or international acclaim. Must meet three of ten criteria or provide evidence of a one-time achievement such as a Pulitzer, Oscar or Olympic medal.
  • Outstanding researchers — Must show international recognition for achievements in a particular field. Minimum three years in teaching or research and must be entering the United States to pursue tenure, tenure teaching track or comparable research position. Must meet two out of six criteria and have an offer of employment from a U.S. employer.
  • Executives/Managers — Must show executive or management employment outside the United States in the three years preceding the petition for a least one year by a firm or corporation. You must be requesting the visa so you can continue service for the organization.
  • EB-2 Category Green Card Visas

    Employment-based second-preference visas are for individuals holding advanced degrees or the equivalent or for people with exceptional abilities.

  • Advanced degree — The position you apply for must require an advanced degree or a bachelor’s degree and five years of work experience in the field. You must have proof of the advanced U.S. degree or foreign equivalent or proof of the bachelor’s and work experience.
  • Exceptional ability — Must prove a level of expertise significantly above the norm in art, science or business and meet at least two of seven criteria.
  • EB-3 Category Green Card Visas

    Employment-based third-preference visas are for skilled workers, professionals or other workers.

  • Professionals — Must prove possession of a U.S. bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent and that it is necessary for the specified occupation. Must also show that qualified workers are not available in United States. Labor Certification and a permanent, full-time job offer must be presented.
  • Skilled workers — Must demonstrate at least two years of job experience or training and must show that qualified U.S. workers are not available. Labor Certification and a permanent, full-time job offer must be presented.
  • Unskilled workers — Must show ability to perform unskilled labor that isn’t seasonal or temporary for which qualified U.S. workers are not available. Labor Certification and a permanent, full-time job offer must be presented.
  • Our firm also assists with National Interest Waivers (NIWs) which are requests to waive the Labor Certification requirement, usually because of an extraordinary ability that is in the best interest of the United States.

    Dagher Law can help you determine which type of visa is best suited to you, help you with the paperwork and guide you through the process.